Our political system needs fixing. It’s time to stop the influence of big corporations and their paid lobbyists.
Unlike Labor and the Nationals, the Greens do not accept corporate donations. Our vision provides a future for all of us, not just the well-connected few.
Right to protest Laws
Here in NSW the Government is dismantling the community’s right to peaceful assembly.
– Our right to peacefully gather assemble and protest on public land is fundamental to the health of our community and our environment.
– Democracy and good governance rests upon a foundation of civil and political rights.
-Here in our own region our world heritage forests have survived because of past protests actions. They now provide substantial value to the community, the economy and future generations.
– So much of what we take for granted today is the result of the work of past protest movements, the end of slavery, fair working conditions, even the right to vote itself.
Our Plan to Reclaim our Democracy
- Repeal the anti-protest laws (the 2016 anti-protests laws that enacted new laws with excessive penalties for mining protests.
- Repeal the 2018 regulation that allows any police officer or other authorised official to disperse any assembly on public land anywhere in NSW including parks, beaches, forests or roadsides).
- Build the strength and resilience of civil society to participate in our democracy and provide local communities a real and respected voice in the decisions that impact upon them and their local environment.
- Introduce a bill of rights